Nothing defines a fresh start more than the person in pursuit of something real and more challenging; which is the beauty in new beginnings. This past year has been one of the realest, most beautiful, and hardest years of my twenty-something year old life. I welcomed 2015 as an entrepreneur and it was aamaazing! Everybody needs to be self-employed once in their lives. Towards the end of the year I decided I wanted to go back to work and got a job doing something I always wanted to do for a company I always wanted to work for. Pretty nice year, huh?
Life lessons I learned along the way:
- Comfort should be found in your favorite sweatpants and not in everyday life, live a little!
- Your partner should be your #1 fan and #1 critic. I mean, hey, if they can’t be honest then who can? Be ready to process because it isn’t the easiest.
- The hustle is real; you have to be ready to put in work to see the results you want.
- Going to the gym the majority of the week is the best thing you can do for yourself. The best way to get out of the house and return clear minded when you work from home.
- The additional bonding you gain with your child is priceless. No rushing to get to work/school in the AM, no rushing to get home in the evening, and no extended school hours for them. Happiness.
Here’s to a better and brighter 2016!